Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Celine & Hillary: Perfect Together?

In a lot of ways, Celine Dion and Hillary Clinton are similar. Both are women I admire -- from a distance. Both are ridiculously successful beyond anyone's expectations or anything that would make rational sense. And in both cases, I like what I hear and read from them but when I see them actually performing (and politics is as much a performance as anything) I find it difficult to believe that THEY believe/know what they're saying/singing. In both cases, there's something antiseptic in their delivery that's a put-off despite their technical excellence.

So I guess it shouldn't surprise anyone that this morning, a song by Las Vegas' first bona fide superstar was tapped by the woman who will be the first major-party presidential nominee.

Hillary selected Celine's "You and I" from 25,000 suggestions for her campaign anthem. Hear it here and read the lyrics here.

Thoughts?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH. I thought we'd be done with Celine by 2008. AHHHHHH.