Thursday, November 11, 2010

Rita Rudner Off To Venetian

Norm Clarke broke the news today that Rita Rudner, the longest-running Vegas stand-up comic headliner ever, is leaving Harrah's after 2010 to go to the Venetian for a six-month deal before, sooner or later, moving on to L.A. So I guess this is what she was hinting at two weeks ago in this exchange that Miles and I had with her and her husband, Martin Bergman, at the Vegas Podcast-a-Palooza:

Steve:
Before we let you go, your contract is through 2012, is that right?

Rita: Yeeeeaaaaahhhh....

Steve: Well, Harrah's has been rolling out these longer contracts lately. They signed pretty much everybody else to these deals into the next millennium, so I would assume you guys are ready. Or are you guys going to leave sooner?

Rita: You know, we don't know.

Martin: We've got an 8 year old. We're not sure that we want her to be a 10 year old in Las Vegas. And we also have a place in California. So we really don't know.

Rita: But my daughter and I did get stuck in a traffic jam behind the 'Hot Babes' truck the other day.

Miles: So it might be time to go.

Rita: It might be time. She said, 'Mommy, what are those women doing?' and I told her the truth. I said, 'Those are the ladies who didn't study in school.'

0 comments: