Monday, February 28, 2011

Real Fakes: The Slideshow

groupshot

I dragged Amy along to shoot the 11th Annual Celebrity Impersonators Convention at the Golden Nugget earlier this week. I had this brainstorm to see if we could go to the room of one of the attendees to watch her transformation. My piece for AOL News posted on Thursday.

Debbie Cavalier of Ponce Inlet, Fla., has been "Sarah Palin" since Halloween 2008 when her niece suggested she give it a try as a costume. She let us document it, which we did. Here's the Flickr slideshow, including other real-fake shots:




Here's the before and after:

Steve meets Sarah Palin

palin-10

Finally, though, I wonder if you have any idea who this person impersonates:

Who do you think she impersonates?

Any ideas? (Yes, I do know.)

1 comments:

Amy said...

Ahem. I beg to differ, Mr. Friess. I don't recall your dragging me anywhere. I know that an invitation from you is always going to lead to some interesting adventure, and this was no exception. I mean, c'mon. This is the epitome of the "Only in Vegas" experience, right?

I had a blast! And I disqualify myself from the "who is she supposed to impersonate" question since I know the answer,too. (Incidentally, I think I was wrong about the one I thought would impersonate k.d. lang. I think that one wound up being the chick from the Matrix. You can see how I might confuse the two, though, right?)