Thursday, May 15, 2008

Congrats to LasVegasSun.Com


R-J Publisher Sherm Frederick may cackle that his website is more successful despite the fact that he and his peeps take absolutely no pride in its appearance or functionality, but it is worthwhile to note that the Las Vegas Sun moments ago won Best Newspaper Website for a news site with fewer than 1 million unique visitors per month in the 2008 EPpy Awards given out by industry trade journal Editor & Publisher. The ceremony is going on right now at the Rio in Vegas and the paper's terrific redesigned site is up for some other honors too, but I've got just 10 mins left on my laptop battery and there's no telling whether my "mole" will let me know more before I lose power.

Anyhow, congrats to those who put in the hard work and expense to produce such a great service. Now here's hoping the Sun's owners, Greenspun Media, springs for a redesign of the horrific LasVegasWeekly.Com. Finding my column on that thing is harder than drilling for oil in Vermont. Yeesh.

0 comments: