Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Simon Says Yum


I don't ordinarily contribute to the hype surrounding openings of new restaurants in Vegas mainly because there are so many of them. But I had to run over to the new Simon place at Palms Place last week for a piece on celeb chef Kerry Simon I'm writing, and lo and behold I wandered in when they were shooting print advertisements for the joint. It opened on Monday.

I thought you'd all appreciate the eye candy. There's some for boys and girls who like girls (see above and below)...


And some for those boys and girls who like boys...


Why are we out by the pool? Well, the place is surrounded by the L-shaped water area for Palms Place, the new tower attached to The Palms. Here's an inside-out view:

In fact, the place has so much light and glass that this photo of a six-shelf herb garden inside the restaurant from which the cooks can cut fresh sage, rosemary and thyme (but I don't think parsley, sorry Paul Simon) turned out sort of intriguingly artistic...


Here are a few other views of the David Rockwell-designed digs, open 7 am - 11 pm for breakfast, lunch and dinner (in that order, duh!)...



While there, I did get to partake in a taste test of a variety of mojitos and martinis being developed for the bar menu. Here's some of the evidence...


Pathetically, teetotaler that I am I ended up most enthusiastic about the virgin strawberry milkshake.

But really, this post isn't about food or architecture, is it? It's about beautiful people. So here's one more shot.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although the restaurant looks nice, I'm not sure I'd be too thrilled to be a resident and going for a swim right outside a fancy restaurant. And, I'm not terrible looking but I dunno how many diners would want to eat while watching me walk around in a swim suit. Of course, maybe Palms Place will only allow the pretty residents to go to the pool so maybe not a concern.