Friday, October 23, 2009

The Strip + Petcast Are LIVE 4-6 pm PT Saturday!

We'll be recording two episodes of "The Petcast" followed by a new episode of "The Strip" tomorrow afternoon from 4-6 p.m. PT at LVRocks.Com.

First, Emily and I are set to interview Ed Martin, owner of the Hartsdale Pet Cemetery, the nation's oldest pet burial ground. Among other famous pets interred, Hartsdale last month handled the cremation of the last surviving working dog on the scene of the World Trade Center post-9/11.

Then, at about 4:30 pm PT, we Petcasters chat up Christina Cooper, co-owner of the Global Wildlife Center near Baton Rouge, La., about caring for a baby kangaroo abandoned by its mother, also a center resident.

After that, Miles and I will discuss the week's Vegas news -- Steve Wynn gets political, Monopoly takes over the town, rumors surrounding Barry Manilow and much more -- and feature a terrific interview with Fleur de Lys owner Hubert Keller about his "Top Chef" experiences and much more.

You can listen live from 4-6 p.m. PT via LVRocks.Com and chat with fellow listeners and us in the chatroom. Or hang on and we'll publish the podcast editions. Your call!

1 comments:

Bay in TN said...

I hope I'll be there -- I'm not sure, though. Wesley has a day off (the first in three weeks), and we're thinking about going out to celebrate our birthdays while he has some time.

A couple of questions, in case I don't make it to the chat room: How much does that famous pet cemetery cost? My beloved cat Hector died this week, and I got a nasty lesson in pet economics when I tried to find a cemetery or a crematorium for him. Yikes! That's frickin' expensive! The lesson? Don't let your pets die -- it's cheaper to keep 'em alive.

And secondly, about Hubert Keller -- I'm just so jealous, I could *cry*. Did you get to dine in one of his restaurants whilst you were interviewing? So jealous!

I really hope I make it to the chat room. It's just so lovely to hear you and Miles in the same room at the same time again!