Tuesday, October 12, 2010

"Wait Wait" Coming To Vegas!

It's been a while. A few years, I'm pretty sure, and I seem to recall they taped somewhere off the Strip back then. But Miles and my favorite NPR program, "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me," is slated to tape the Nov. 18 episode here in Vegas at the Paris resort.

Tickets are a little pricey, though. When they record the shows in Chicago, all seats are $25. In Vegas, they're charging $50, $75, $100 and $150 plus fees/taxes. And so far as I can tell, all the money goes to Chicago Public Radio and NPR, not to our Vegas affiliate, KNPR.

That said, this is a really big treat and, while high for public radio prices, it's about right for a decent Vegas show these days. Buy them at Ticketmaster, in person at the Paris box office or at 800-745-3000.

No word yet who the guest panelists are, but Paula Poundstone would seem a natural seeing how she plays Vegas every so often and she is the big favorite for show listeners. And if they're smart, they'll invite Barry Manilow on for "Not My Job" and quiz him with questions about, I dunno, Barry Bonds or something. No offense to Mayor Oscar Goodman, but I really hope they resist the itch to haul him in there.

I'm eager to interview Peter Sagal if only to tell him about the times they'd turned my stories into jokes, the transplanting-scalps-of-cadavers thing and the Fremont Street hula hoop drama. You know I'll be on the prowl for something spectacularly weird the week before this show.

2 comments:

Thomas said...

Really cool. Wish I could be there.

Dave Lifton said...

They just announced on the show it's going to be Wayne Newton...