Friday, April 25, 2008

Take a WILD guess

Last week, I went over to the Bellagio to check out a little media shindig held for Richard MacDonald, a famed figurative sculptor who has a new store immediately outside the "O" Theater. The connection is that in some cases, MacDonald has used Cirque gymnasts in his work.

Anyhow, the work is certainly impressive and worth browsing. But it's also quite expensive. So I figured I'd throw it out there for y'all to take a stab at this. How much you think this piece retail for? It is an image of Rudolf Nureyev, proably about 3 feet tall.


Anyone?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

$15 and two tickets to the show...

Anonymous said...

I bid $15.01

Troy in Las Vegas said...

I don't remember the exact prices but I just don't get how these things are so much money. They are astronomic.

Vegas Show Shorts said...

I am inelgible because I am familiar with the details, but art is an investment Steve, ask your buddy Wynn ;)

Anonymous said...

$8,000?

Anonymous said...

Help! I clicked on the image to look at that bumpy thing in the middle, and some of my workers came in my office. Then my wife came in, so I went back to normal size, and that "Gay Veg" thing showed up in the corner, so then I blurted out "I think that's worth $35,000". Then they all left my office, and no one has spoken to me in the last hour. Do you know anyone who can do bodywork?
Jeff in OKC

Mike G said...

More than a BMW 3 series but less than a Ferrari 599.