Thursday, September 9, 2010

This week's LVW Col: Cloris!

Had a helluva chat with the amazing Cloris Leachman. The full interview will be podcast this weekend, but here's the Las Vegas Weekly version. -sf

On the eve of her Vegas debut,
Cloris Leachman looks back on
a life well-lived


BY STEVE FRIESS

I’m about an hour into my 15-minute phone interview with actress Cloris Leachman, and I am finally starting to run out of things to ask her. I’m so treasuring the conversation, however, that I’m not ready for it to be over.

To my surprise, I suddenly realize, neither is she. The list of topics we’ve mulled has become epic: Her ex-husband’s affair in the 1970s with Joan Collins, then a star-fucking actress whom Leachman’s circle of Hollywood friends referred to as “the British Open”; whether Marlon Brando ever had gay sex, which she says is possible because Elia Kazan, their Actor’s Studio instructor, “wanted us to experience absolutely everything”; why she wasn’t scared that time, as a young Broadway actress, when a guy pinned her to a pillar in a New York hotel lobby and humped her until he ejaculated. “It was so remarkable,” she laughed, “It was more bizarre than anything else. It was like, ‘What the fuck?’”

Read the rest at LasVegasWeekly.Com

0 comments: