Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Nice work, U.S.A.

On Wednesday night, I'm off to San Antonio to see my Little Brother, Jamie, graduate from boot camp at Lackland Air Force Base. There will be much more on this over this important weekend, but I just got something in my email I felt compelled to share.

Just two months ago, this was Jamie in the lighter-blue hoodie.


Now look at him!


For now, enough said. The weekend ahead will be full of emotional observations but also, likely, a lot of fun. We'll get to take Jamie off base for at least one but maybe two days this weekend and we're heading to Sea World on Saturday. I can't wait to see how he reacts after having been deprieved of all his creature comforts -- Internet, email, cell phone, iPod, TV -- for so long.

[P.S. Any readers down there who want to meet up, email me. I suspect I'll have downtime in the evenings.]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am I just old or do those recruits look 13?

Congrats to Jamie. Hope you guys have fun.

Anonymous said...

check out citrus @ hotel valencia great food joe s

Anonymous said...

Welcome to South Texas, love your blog. I live in New Braunfels which is 20 minutes east of San Antonio. Just a heads up the forecast for this week is rain. Don't worry about the humidity, you'll get use to it.