Friday, June 5, 2009

Pix I Forgot I Had, Re: TI


I totally forgot I had these on my camera, probably because they're not very good. But in light of how much interest there has been in this week's Strip Sense piece on the Ruffinized Treasure Island, I figured what the hell. Above is the rendering of what the Gilley's at the TI will look like.

And some folks were confused as to the references in the column to expanding the viewing area for the Sirens show. Well, here's what the boardwalk looks like now...


...and here's what they plan to do with it.


Work will be done, Phil Ruffin says, this summer when they drain the lagoon for a month for annual repairs and such.

Now I'm off to a busy day. I'm checking out three shows today/tonight in a feverish effort to fill in gaps in my Vegas show knowledge. And I'll be on Nevada Week in Review tonight talking politics. That show airs at Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at noon on Channel 10. The show's also available on iTunes.

0 comments: