One of the edicts Erich Bergen and I gave the Clark County Public Education Foundation when we handed over roughly $100,000 raised last summer at the "Las Vegas Celebrates The Music of Michael Jackson" benefit was that we'd have some tangible, observable results.
Tomorrow night, I get to see the biggest observable result, a fund-raising concert at Sierra Vista High by the Canadian modern-classical group Barrage. The CCPEF spent $5,000 of our dollars on bringing them to perform and then six schools have sold tickets at $10 a piece to the show to support their school orchestras. That way, the money may have potentially doubled and we provide an artistic experience for the students and community.
Here's a couple of Barrage videos from their YouTube channel:
Lovely and fun, right? If you want to go, it's at 7 p.m. and I hear there may be a few tickets left. Here's who you can call:
- Sofia Velazquez, Lawrence JHS: 799-2540, ext. 4063
- Christina Hekkert, Fertitta MS: 799-1900, ext. 4063
- Barbara James, Rogich MS: 799-6040, ext. 4063
- Shelly Burger, Sierra Vista HS: 799-6820, ext. 4051
- Ryan Watson, Coronado HS: 799-6800, ext. 4051
- Chuck Cushinary, Clark HS: 799-5800, ext. 4051