Thursday, December 2, 2010

Friess v Mancini. 1 p.m. Sat. Be There.

Well, this should be FUN.

Al Mancini, one of three co-authors of the new dining guide Eating Las Vegas, will be in the studio at LVRocks.Com on Saturday with me to have a public debate on the issues that stirred up so much drama related to the book and my Las Vegas Weekly column. It will be a friendly, entertaining, robust and respectful discussion of questions pertaining to food journalism and ethics. And we will be live, not recorded as almost all of our shows are. You can listen and attend the live chat at LVRocks.Com. Everyone is welcome, even those with whom disagreements clearly got out of hand. It's the season of peace and joy, after all.

Prior to Al's part of this week's episode of The Strip, guest host Amy and I will begin at noon with chatter about a TON of news, including some breaking stuff that Steve Wynn told me today and Oscar Goodman told me last night. (Miles will be picking up his family at McCarran, but hey - we haven't had a guest host since the summer, if you can believe that!)

Oh, we'll also be playing, time permitting, my interview with Franck Savoy, the son of Guy Savoy and now director of all restaurants for Caesars Palace. If there's not time, it'll just be included in the podcast.

As I said, I plan to start us up at noon. The Duel will happen about 1 p.m. PT. Be there. It'll be awesome. Of course, if you can't make it, I'll get the podcast up and available later in the weekend. But I just have a feeling that this chat will be live and lively, as Miles loves to put it.

1 comments:

cheryl bella said...

Looking forward to listening. I think this is a good discussion to have and I'm interested in hearing both sides.