Thursday, September 3, 2009

Cirque Buys Other VIVA ELVIS Domains

Yesterday, I broke the news that the Cirque du Soleil show at Aria will be called Viva Elvis. The creator-director had told me so and I discovered that Cirque owns the domain VivaElvis.Com. I wondered on VegasHappensHere.Com yesterday why the company hadn't yet snapped up VivaElvisLV.com and VivaElvisLasVegas.Com, variations that would be wise for them to own as a standard preventative measure taken to ensure traffic doesn't go elsewhere by accident.

Someone in Montreal was paying attention. Within a couple of hours of my posts appearing, look what happened:



They done gone and bought up the two domains I referenced and, I imagine, other variations! This is obvious action-reaction. It's unclear to me, though, why they're not cloaking their ownership if they don't want people to know who owns a site, also standard cyber-behavior for companies of this size.

Meanwhile, Cirque spokeswoman Ann Paladie wrote me back on my request for confirmation: "We're not ready to announce the show name at this time. Thank you!!!"

P.S. Robin Leach interviewed director-creator Vincent Paterson the other day and got some terrific bits on the content of Viva Elvis, which opens in December.

0 comments: