Friday, December 4, 2009

Friday Funnies


It's been such a grim week for so many people, I thought I'd try to lighten it up with some of the silly stuff I collect around these parts. Like, for instance, this headline from a few weeks ago in the View, the weekly R-J neighborhood supplement. It's not enough that I'm a total hypochondriac, but now the newspaper is giving me a reason? I somehow failed to cut out the beginning of this story because I figured I'd be able to find it in online, but it actually went something like, "You know that headache you thought was just stress? It could be cancer." No, really.

And what if I got a headache because I stretched this carton of milk all the way...

I had no idea milk is this durable these days: on Twitpic

...to its sell-by date, 120 years from now.

Maybe my pal, photog Denise Truscello, whose birthday was this week, can give me a sense of what it's like to live that long...


She looks REALLY good for 106, too...


I pulled into Sonic recently because Miles likes a Reese's blast when he has a headache, and while I waited I noticed this thing hanging from the board:


Let me get this straight. If they DON'T try to upsell us, we get $2? So we're supposed to WANT to have the inconvenience of telling a barely coherent voice through a speaker no, no, no, all we want to commit suicide-by-diet today is what we've already ordered?

You can't blame 'em though, when this...


...was the most thrilling thing that happened to me that day. Maybe if this lady I shot at the BlogWorld convention in October had a Sonic blast...


...she'd be happier?

There were some fun cartoons I clipped in recent weeks that gave me a giggle:


Somebody was bound to do this one sooner or later, but it still made me laugh:


And, finally, while I am stung and dismayed by the people the Las Vegas Sun fired this week, I'm heartened that cartoonist Mike Smith wasn't one of them. And here's yet another reason why:


Happy Weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

Dave Lifton said...

Actually, the milk expired in 1129, not 2129. It's 880 years past its expiration date.

Anonymous said...

"I pulled into Sonic recently because Miles likes a Reese's blast when he has a headache"

Maybe it's cancer?